Eyeliner & Coffee

My mornings never start until I've had a cup of coffee in my favourite mug and so of course I had to create a layout about it!




By no means would I describe myself as a mixed media aficionado because I have real trouble with warped paper, so I kept this one simple.

To create these 'coffee stain stamps' I used a bowl of strong black coffee and a mug.  I dipped the bottom of the mug into the coffee and firmly pressed it into the paper, let it dry and voila!

I really love what these stamps brought to the layout, it reminds me of some artisan/hipster coffee shop but it feels quite rustic and natural.



Digital stamping is something I have been exploring more recently. I used the app Over and bought the coffee bundle of stamps, because it's kinda perfect!


The Maggie Holmes Bloom ephemera pack is all I've ever wanted in die-cuts and more! This flower adds the 'sweetest' touch and softens the bolder brown and navy colours.


For the quote I used my trusty £1 Hobbycraft stamp set with some teal ink, which surprisingly matched perfectly with the WRMK Wildflower and Pink Paislee Atlas papers.


'til next time,
- Elsie

No comments :

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!

Back to top
Copyright © 2017 Elsie Robinson
Designs: FlyBird's Box.