January | Project Life


Oh, Project Life... I really love you, but I will be perfectly honest and say there's a part of my brain which wants to scream into the abyss every time I think about making a spread.

I got into scrapbooking through project life and I do really love it. I think the system and the idea behind it is genius. But the idea of doing it every week seriously stressed me out, as I don't ever want to think of scrapbooking as a chore and I would probably get behind and leave it unfinished which would really annoy me!

So I've been in a bit of a quandary about what to do. Because I didn't want to give it up all together, as I have a serious crush on the aesthetic of pocket page layouts.

But when my January Felicity Jane 'Susie' kit arrived and I saw the beautiful cut-apart sheet, I felt so inspired to create a spread.

I've settled on consciously making a spread every month, and if I want to make a spread about a particular event or something, I just will. No rules really. Easy-breezy.

Also I've promised myself I'll keep it really simple, no crazy embellishing. Simple, quick and pretty.

For this spread I've used:

I also bought the '2016' card from Sahin Designs on Etsy, which also includes the months of the year, as I thought that would be a really easy way to make each monthly spread cohesive.

I'm not a massive fan on having anything chunky in my project life, so I just used stamps, labels from the FJ cut-apart sticker sheet, and also a blue paperclip to embellish. Super simple, but I wanted to keep it airy and light and stress-free.

Now, from looking at this spread you may think I'm a crazy cat lady or summin'... and yeah you're probably right! But I decided one morning to get my camera out and have a play with some of the different settings, and my cat was following me around so naturally became the subject! 

I didn't actually take many pictures in January, it was a pretty 'blah' month if I'm being honest. I'm not a massive fan of journaling, as I hate my handwriting, but I am planning on adding some hidden journalling. But I have chosen a few pictures which have a greater meaning than anyone looking at the spread might think, which I like as it's a much more personal for me. I hope you don't mind me not sharing that, but I hope you understand.

Overall, I think this might be my favourite PL spread I've ever made!

Here are some close-ups of the spread:






Thanks for reading,
- Elsie

3 comments

  1. Gorgeous spread! Pl is what You need it to be for You so no rules are the only rule here! Pleasure to watch Your creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly, I feel so much freer now that I don't feel like I have to commit to a routine and system with it! Thank you so much for commenting and reading, Mira, it's much appreciated! x

      Delete