Memory | DIY Doodle Flowers

I may have gone a little overboard on the navy front on this layout, but we're just going with it!


We unfortunately didn't have a kit this month with Like For Ever, because of all the delays that are happening with the American Crafts warehouse move... Luckily, the amazing Nicola was able to source an "opt-in" kit for some Cocoa Vanilla Studio goodies from their new 'Free Spirit' collection. I chose to get the patterned paper because I saw navy and flowers so immediately clicked 'buy'!

I love the navy paper, with the tiny flowers, and wanted to make that the feature. I also used the white dotty navy paper and some navy cardstock to act as a border.

I knew I wanted some larger flowers to embellish the page, but didn't have any that matched in my stash, so I made my own! I used a fine point sharpie to draw these, they're very "doodle-y" but I'm really pleased with how they look. I also used my Felicity Jane Savannah stamp with some black ink to add a few leaves into the mix. 

I backed some of the flowers with some tangly gold thread and dotted a few gold sequins to add some more sparkle. 

To contrast with that I used a Heidi Swapp wood veneer piece as my title and some tiny wooden hearts from my stash.

Super speedy layout, but it's sometimes nice to use a whole chunk of paper you love, to really showcase it.

Here are some close-ups:

Elsie x




1 comment :

  1. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!
    flower deliver brazil

    ReplyDelete

LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!

Back to top
Copyright © 2017 Elsie Robinson
Designs: FlyBird's Box.